Sunday, March 27, 2011

Looking Around

These are a few photos I took during spring break of certain things that caught my eye or others that are completely random.

  This is how most of the signs look around Andover/Wichita. They are very simple and to the point but they also have special typography to them to make them stand out among each other.
 This is harder to see, but I really liked how they had lines in with the logo to symbolize water. It went with the waterfront name. Simple but again creative.
 I didn't really care for this sign. It has a good mix of colors, but the font seems to playful for a mattress store.
 I didn't like this sign at all either. It was way too plain. The green and yellow go together in my opinion but the text color clashes.
I really liked the color and choice of font for this sign. It caught my eye, but I am not too crazy on the layout of the text. It seems like they could have done different placing and made it look better.

 This is a Valentines Day balloon I saw. I liked the layout and the colors, but you cant see the word "you" very well at all. If this design would have been put on a different color balloon maybe you could have seen it better, but I'm not sure that the colors would have matched any other color balloon. Though if they would have done stroked type or done a drop shadow maybe the text would have worked out a lot better.
 Here is a menu I saw at a restaurant. I like the design, but I don't really like where the name was placed.
This is the first time I have ever seen a Doritos bag look like this. It seems like they changed their design at least for this flavor of chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment