Thursday, March 3, 2011

Direct Mail Piece

This project is a direct mail piece. I chose to do it over my own photography. We are supposed to keep the same layout but have 3 different things that change (photo, name, etc.) including the address.

My target audience is high school females, and high school males.

Call to Action: use coupon, or call/ email me.

I chose to do the 7 by 5 inch layout.

Thumbnails

Front Rough

Back Rough

Finished Product
Male Version Front ☝

Male Version Back ☝

Female Version Front ☝

Female Version Back ☝

This project you had to put more thought into then any other projects, because you were designing it two different ways. I came up with this idea very quickly. We had to include a database and instructions with this project. So that was extra stuff we had to do, that we normally don't have too.

My project had 4 different pages. I had a picture that changed on the front of the piece, and a photo that changed on the back of the piece in the coupon section. So that took care of my variable data including the persons address changing.

This is a 4 color project. I used full bleeds. I included one vector object and the rest was done in Indesign besides the photos. I edited them in photoshop. All four of the photos are flattened tiff files. I used catfisch script font. The scissors were little webdings. This file is a 7 inch by 5 inch. The photos had to be sized 7.25 x 5.25 to include the bleed. All I used was black and white swatches. It kept it sweet and simple which is what I was going for.

© All images in this project were done by me Emily Smalley.

No comments:

Post a Comment